rock'n'roll, country, punk & metal.
bands that combine all four successfully.
design, graphic & interior.
the intersection of philosophy & sociology.
emergent gameplay, of the videogaming variety.
deep fried everything.
making lists, including this one of my life's ambitions, and these of things on my mind at the time.
i took a trip! read about it here.
evidence of my lame yuppie side on my (gasp!) house blog here.
- The White Stripes song “The Union Forever” takes almost all its lyrics verbatim from what famous film?
- What was the name of Garth Brooks’ failed alter ego?
- Identify the group and song from these lyrics “Without a gun & a badge what do ya got? A sucker in a uniform waitin’ to get shot”.
- Which Canadian musician has been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame not once but twice?
- What classical composer was blind?
- In 1997, what artist became the first to offer future royalties as shares on the stock market?
If you can answer any of these questions, or if giving them a try seems like fun, c’mon out tonight for CJLO Music Pub Quiz. AndreWIXQ from Grade A Explosives & I are hosting once again, and we’ve got a fresh new batch of musical brain teasers for you. Drinks are cheap, there’s beer to be won, and you might even get to hear a song or two you’ll like.
No hockey game means it starts at 8:30pm, so get down to Le Bull (2170 St Catherine) and join the fun! Oh, and in case you’d like the answers:
- Citizen Kane
- Chris Gaines
- NWA - Fuck Tha Police
- Neil Young. He was inducted first as a solo artist, then as a band member.
- David Bowie